Cleaning & Maintenance
All of Weather Tite’s warranted metal panels and trim are coated with AkzoNobel’s Ceram-A-Star 1050 paint series. To achieve a weather-resistant finish, panels only require occasional cleaning.
The number of annual cleanings will depend greatly on the location, the weather conditions of that area and the ventilation system of each building. AkzoNobel recommends cleaning a roof annually with a pressure washer or hose pipe for general dirt and grime.
For a deeper clean, mix five (5) gallons of warm water to every one (1) cup of Tide brand clothes detergent.
- Check the label on the detergent to ensure it contains less than 0.05% phosphate.
- Do NOT use Tide with Bleach.
Another option is to mix five (5) gallons of room temperature water to every one (1) cup of household ammonia.
- Start at the bottom of each panel, continuing to the top.
- Use a well-soaked cloth, sponge, or very soft brush.
- Wear rubber-soled shoes to avoid scratching the metal. They’re also safer to help prevent falls from the roof.
- Rinse off panels as you go to prevent residue.
- Clean the roof on a cloudy day to avoid the panels of drying too quickly, preventing a proper rinse.
Tar or Grease
You can safely remove tar, grease, caulk and oils with a cloth dampened with mineral spirits. Be sure to then clean the panel with a mild detergent and heavy rinsing. Also, don’t forget to dispose of the mineral spirit cloth in a safe manner.